Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Twenty-Five

  1. I was an Army brat. We lived in Germany twice and from being there I got to go to Paris, skiing in Switzerland, tour castles, cruise down the Rhine...pretty cool. Lived in Virginia and toured Washington DC of course, but I don't remember much about that place because we moved when I was in the 2nd grade. After our second tour in Germany, we moved to Tampa and stayed. That's where my parents retired and eventually divorced.
  2. I believe in God. Even though He may not make sense to me all the time, I still believe.
  3. I love thunderstorms. Tampa's the lightning capital of the world and some of the storms are pretty cool!
  4. My favorite color is pink. That's new. It's been dark blue for the longest time.
  5. My "lucky" number is 8, and so is my husband's.
  6. I've wanted to be a Nurse since I was about 7 when my aunt took me to the hospital she still works at today and where I was born. She took me by the nursery and I remember vividly the babies in open cribs and incubators. Some of the babies in the incubators had on face masks for diapers (it was before Pampers and other manufacturers made diapers small enough). I absolutely L-O-V-E my job and the people I work with! It can be crazy sometimes but it's very fulfilling.
  7. I can be quite impatient. Some say it's me being a bitch and at times I agree. I hate driving under the speed limit...really peeves me. If you want to drive in the "fast lane" and go SLOW, please get out of my way. For real.
  8. I'm really into Brighton jewelry lately. A good friend, G, has some pieces and I fell in love. I don't normally wear silver, but Brighton is really nice.
  9. I don't like change. There's certain things that need to stay the same for me to feel balance in my life. Like if I'm a primary nurse on a baby or two at work, and I don't have that assignment, it unravels me. Maybe it shouldn't but it does. I might stomp my feet for a minute or two, but then I'm done and will accept it.
  10. I like to cross-stitch and need to get back into it. It's relaxing. I like scrapbooking too and need to seriously get back into that.
  11. I have a MySpace account that I rarely use. I like Facebook a lot more.
  12. I want to move back up to the Kansas City area one day but don't want to leave my mom alone. We moved to Florida from Kansas in 2001 and at the time, both my parents, my maternal grandparents, and my brother and his family were down here. Since then, everyone's moved away except for my mom.
  13. I hate being late and leave the house 45 minutes to an hour before I have to be at work. I never know what I might encounter on the way, like some big accident or something.
  14. At home, if it's a flat surface it's MINE!
  15. Speaking of, I REALLY need to organize the house
  16. I certainly don't feel as old as I am. It's all in the mind!
  17. I love to read. Especially Patricia Cornwell, the Twilight series, and the Sookie Stackhouse series.
  18. My first job was working at Busch Gardens in high school. I worked there for a year and a half. We have annual passes and go several times a year.
  19. I voted for George W. Bush, both times, and am proud of it. Yes, I would do it again.
  20. I worked in a maximum security male state prison for a year; R worked there for 5 1/2 years. It was an experience, that's for sure.
  21. I used to be a damn good secretary before I became a nurse!
  22. I hate laundry.
  23. At home I can sure be lazy. At work, not...totally different. I can be pretty anal at work (and was in college).
  24. Psychology was my favorite college subject, after Nursing of course.
  25. Up until two years ago, I had bangs for as long as I can remember and I'm still trying to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment